Extended wear hearing aids are the first hearing aids that are 100% invisible. Placed deep in the ear canal by the audioprosthetist, they can be worn 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and up to 120 consecutive days. The position inside the ear canal helps the outer ear (the flap) to naturally direct sound into the ear canal. This results in improved sound directivity and location, a reduced Larsen effect (acoustic feedback) as well as a better perception of high-frequency sounds. To determine whether an extended wear hearing aid is suitable for a given patient, the audioprosthetist takes many criteria into account, including the following:
- Degree of hearing loss
- Medical history and the history of treatment already undertaken (anamnesis) and the patient’s current physical condition
- Shape of the ear and anatomical features
- Lifestyle (daily activities, exercise, employment, etc.)
Extended wear hearing aids suit people with slight to moderately severe hearing loss. Their installation requires no surgery or anesthesia. This hearing aid model is placed in its entirety inside the ear canal and uses your ear’s natural anatomy to provide you with exceptional sound quality and improve your hearing day and night.
Effortless Hearing at All Times
- You can use the device during your daily activities, for example when exercising, taking a shower, having a telephone conversation or sleeping.
- You have no batteries to replace. No maintenance is necessary, and you don’t need to insert it and remove it every day.
This hearing solution is so discreet that no one except you will know why your hearing has improved.